Grounded in tradition with real-world applications
Okinawan Martial Arts is home to all levels of martial arts and provides a broad spectrum of weekly adult and children’s self defense and combat classes in a nurturing and professional environment. Our goal is to protect our community by teaching the physical and mental skills of practical self defense. Martial arts training is a simple, effective system that emphasizes real-world techniques that work for all ages, sizes and levels of physical ability.
Since 2009, Okinawan Martial Arts has been recognizable in the community, a place where children, teenagers and adults can practice and learn alongside professional instructors, acclaimed instructors and Okinawan Master Instructors from around the United States.
Okinawan Martial Arts remains dedicated to:
- Offering accessible martial arts classes of the highest caliber for all ages and all levels.
- Offering students the opportunity to learn and work with world-renowned guest instructors and master teachers.
- Providing an affordable, high quality Dojo and practice spaces for students to create and practice in a comfortable and friendly environment.
- Maintaining a strong presence in martial arts education, as the only Wisconsin based Dojo supporting Hanshi Jiro Shiroma of Arizona Martial Arts Academy.
- Bringing the martial arts into the local community and positively influencing future generations of artists.
We teach from a respected training style, from the birthplace of karate – Okinawa, Japan. The styles we study are Kobayashi Shorin-Ryu Karate and Okinawan Kobudo, the most respected weapons style in Okinawa and the world. We teach this time-tested, high-quality martial arts because the applications continue to be relevant to today’s world.
We offer complete stand-up and ground-fighting self-defense instruction as well as street-smart weapons defense tactics that will train both your body and mind. Here, we push ourselves to our personal limits to do our best – inside the dojo and out.
At Okinawan Martial Arts you will learn:
- Fitness & Flexibility
- Self Defense & Life Skills